• You need to have an account on the site to post and download resources.
    Click on the Register button to create an account now.

QUESTION How to avoid Fraud, just in case.

faucetpay.io

vest1992

Self-Development Counselor
Staff member
Trusted
Verified
Jul 25, 2020
Brasov
Credits
Have you ever wondered how to avoid Fraud ?

There are so many ways that fraud is carried out by people to get cryptocurrency easily,
Bitcoin and Altcoin scams like this generally target novices and greedy people.
To be able to avoid fraud, of course we have to recognize several modes of fraud and how to avoid it, here are tips:

Phishing
Check the URL in the bar every time you visit any site, even if you have created a bookmark, because the bookmark can be hacked, and replaced with a similar site name, but fake.

Crypto Exchange Scammer and Fake
Avoid new crypto exchanges that offer many benefits and crypto prices below market prices, it's better to always use reputable and trusted crypto exchanges or better use local crypto exchanges that are already registered in your country. There are several well-known exchange sites but they get Scam Alerts such as: Hitbtc.com, Latoken.com, Coinbe.net, Bitsane Exchange Coinroom.com and many more out there.

Fake Bitcoin Wallet
Fake Bitcoin / crypto wallets will be more difficult to analyze, have happened and I have found that the bitcoin wallet site closes and carries members' balances. Now a lot of fake bitcoin wallet software that contains malware so that it can steal all important information. So always use the official site to download crypto wallet either on mobile or desktop.
Be careful there are also offers from reputed but fake wallet sites Coinbase and Blockchain that will provide airdrops and rewards, and we are asked to mention 12 feeds (keywords).

I can not talk about all types of fraud here, if you have an opinion or a question please ask whether it's a fraud Ponzi scheme.
Giving Bitcoin from famous people, but we send a number of bitcoin first, etc. Feel free to share in a comment below more.

Reactions: Niftyyem

Atent33

Verified
Aug 22, 2020
Credits
I got scammed once with keys on Dota2, but I called bank and got my money back, I was lucky, reallylucky

Reactions: Galen

Galen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Trusted
Jan 9, 2020
Sweden
Credits
I got scammed once with keys on Dota2, but I called bank and got my money back, I was lucky, reallylucky
Steam trading really was/is a scam breeding ground haha. A guy in my class during high school scammed people off of thousands of $, and when he did it to another Swede he was reported to the police finally.

It is still fraud even though it's virtual skins lol, we kept telling him.

Niftyyem

Verified
Aug 22, 2020
Credits
Thanks for the enlightenment. Since I started spending more time online , I think one is more susceptible to falling victims of cloned sites (phishing). The others are still avoidable but for the cloned site, you may not even realize until the damage is done. My dad fell for one the other day where he put in his card details for some purchase, in very few minutes,his account was wiped clean. I never knew about bookmark hack that it was even possible.

Suba

Verified
Aug 9, 2020
Credits
Thanks for sharing, This thread is very interesting and needs a lot of reviews, so I want to add some points of fraud that often occur.

1. Although many Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) are legitimate, there are also many fraudulent ICOs.
2. Unregulated Brokers and Exchangers
There are tons of online exchangers that are not regulated and brokerage companies that offer cryptocurrency products. Investors should beware of promotions and promises of quick riches that are too good to be true. After the money is deposited, many of these companies will charge large commissions or even make it very difficult to withdraw funds. Others can also steal investors' money.
3. Bitcoin Trading System
Bitcoin's extraordinary volatility has spawned an industrial automated trading system. The hype is untrustworthy, bitcoin exchanges often go through a withdrawal process that costs a fortune to trade bitcoin for fiat currencies, such as Dollars or Euros. Additionally, settlement of bitcoin trades can take hours. These factors will take the profit out of bitcoin arbitrage and may even lead to losses.
4. Social Media Giveaway Scams
It's amazing, these days, suddenly everyone seems so generous on Twitter and Facebook. If you check the comments column for famous tweets, you will definitely see that one of your favorite crypto companies or influencers is giving a giveaway. Just send them 1BNB / BTC / ETH, and you will receive it back 10 times over! Seems too cute to be true, right? Yes, they are all lies. This is a good rule of thumb to apply to this type of fraud. If it's too cute, it's likely a scam.

Niftyyem

Verified
Aug 22, 2020
Credits
4. Social Media Giveaway Scams
It's amazing, these days, suddenly everyone seems so generous on Twitter and Facebook. If you check the comments column for famous tweets, you will definitely see that one of your favorite crypto companies or influencers is giving a giveaway. Just send them 1BNB / BTC / ETH, and you will receive it back 10 times over! Seems too cute to be true, right? Yes, they are all lies. This is a good rule of thumb to apply to this type of fraud. If it's too cute, it's likely a scam.
You are so right and I am just reminded of the twitter hack that happened some weeks back and how several people fell for it. I can remember telling myself why any important figure will need my funds first before multiplying it and calling it a giveaway of some sorts. After the whole thing was exposed, I was shocked at how much was scammed off people and that they even fell for such in the first place. It is really true that when it seems to be too good then it is likely a scam.

Vertical Changelly
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vest1992 Beware of (Fraud)lash4cash on Discord General 3